Friday, July 27, 2007

youtube vs microsite



I've been working on wirebreakers campaign for six weeks now and we've achieved half a million views. I've learnt a lot from working on this campaign. One thing I've been thinking about is how customisable a youtube profile is and whether that negates the need for a microsite. For wirebreakers we built a microsite at www.wirebreakers.com and we also have a youtube at http://www.youtube.com/wirebreakers

I've realised that you can change the background image on youtube, therefore giving it more unique feel that lends itself to the campaign. I guess the question is that does a campaign need a microsite when it can live on youtube? I'm undecided - the main advantage of a microsite is that we get some decent stats on the location of visitors and are able to link through to a product page. But is that worth the investment in itself?

No comments: