Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Dock

Last night I went to the private party at The Dock For me it was great to meet and chat with designers.

I met Dominic Wilcox - a designer whose work I have admired for some time. He'd created a shoelace field installation.


Also, Will and Alex from It's Nice That, a blog which I read daily.

Then there were a few new designers such as James Patmore.


One product which stood out for my was Pyrus, a paper pulp light by designer Mark Braun.


The Dock is a very impressive new design destination in London. The White House nearby housed a series of small exhibitions in each room - felt rather like a houseparty of design. The whole place really demonstrates how much exciting design their is going on in London right now, and it's events like this that make making connections possible.

I'd really recommend heading down there if you get the chance this week.

No comments: