Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Back from holiday

Blog has been a bit quiet of late as I was off on holiday. I thought I'd be depressed on returning to London having spent a week in a beautiful village in Dorset and going to the beach.

However, on my return I had one of those days that reminded me why I live in this city and why I love it. I went kayaking in the morning on a lake near where I live and then in the afternoon headed over to the incredible Hackney Wicked Arts Festival.

Hackney Wick is now home to the highest concentration of artists in the world that were all priced out of Shoreditch. For the weekend many of the studios were open to the public with awesome exhibitions of art and photography followed by some brilliant bands. I found the whole thing very inspiring and hopefully in a couple of years I can get a studio in that neck of the woods.





Particularly brilliant was the work of Joseph Loughborough who we had a brief chat with.

I highly recommend that you check out the festival next year.



I also got my first glimpse of the Olympic Stadium. It'll be interesting to see how this area of warehouses and factory units changes over the next few years. I really hope that it doesn't get developed with the artists being once again priced out.

No comments: